kitchen sink ideas: here’s a practical guide for you
Choosing your kitchen sink without much thinking will cost you a lot. Why? It’s because you need beauty, functionality, and zero problems after installing your kitchen sink. Also, quality kitchen sinks increase the value of your property.
That’s why it’s best to invest your precious time while choosing and installing your kitchen sinks.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn everything. From your options in the kitchen sink material, number of basins, faucet holes, and drain placement, you’ll find the best kitchen sink ideas here.
Kitchen sink ideas: kitchen sink size
What size of kitchen sink should you finalize while looking for unique kitchen sink ideas? Will your chosen size fit in your kitchen countertops? What problems do you face with your existing kitchen sink? Ask these questions yourself before choosing the size of your kitchen sink.
The size of your countertops and the main purpose of your sink matters in this context. For instance, with larger pots and excessive cooking, you require a deeper sink. But if you have a small countertop, a large sink will cause problems.
Here are practical tips for choosing the best kitchen sink size
- Measure the current sink size. It must include depth, length, and width from edge to edge.
- Take the measurement of your countertop.
- Now, consider your comfort and access while cleaning
- Next, place the new sink according to your optimized convenience.
These tips will help you choose the size of your kitchen sink that’ll offer you minimum problems after installation. You can also check workstation sinks for your kitchen from Yorali.
Popular and Trending Kitchen Sink Types
Style should be your priority after finalizing the size of your kitchen sink. Here are some practical types of trending kitchen sink ideas that’ll never disappoint you.
You’ll find minimum difficulty while installing these sinks. Also, its rounded edges will create convenience for you while cleaning pots. Water and debris will never fall on the floor. To install them, you’ll have to create a hole in your countertop.
These are also called apron front sinks. You can use them perfectly for cleaning large pots. Its design creates beauty and style in your kitchen after installation. You can get them in various sizes and also order them in custom sizes.
Flush Mount Sinks
You have to install these sinks at the level of your countertop surface. These do not come in rounded edges. You’ll always find them in straight edges. But the best thing about these kitchen sinks is their capacity to blend in with all types of kitchen countertops.
You’ll have to buy the countertops and the sink together to install them. It’s because these sinks are made of the same kitchen sink materials as the countertops. But the perfect thing is that the theme in your kitchen will become consistent.
These are flat surface sinks, and you must attach them below the countertop. Its design makes it a convenient option for washing all types of pots. Also, your kitchen will never become messy due to water splashing and debris falling.
These are unique types of sinks, also known as prep sinks. They come with a custom installation and are costly. But they are tough and rigid sinks that resist wear and tear.
Read more: Best workstation sinks
Your Best Options in Kitchen Sink Material
When it comes to different trendy kitchen sink ideas, the material durability and feel of your kitchen should be your preference. Here are the best materials for your kitchen.
Stainless Steel Kitchen sink
If we do comparison in between granite vs stainless steel sink, Your kitchen will always appear modern if you choose stainless steel. The best thing about stainless steel is its durability and resistance to scratches. But if you choose stainless steel for your kitchen, you’ll have to regularly clean a kitchen sink. Otherwise, water spots will be left on your sink.
Copper kicthen sink
Your kitchen will have a lively look and feel if you choose a copper kitchen sink. The best thing about copper is its ability to reduce germs and their spread. Plus, copper is a hard material that does not wear easily and quickly.
Granite Composite kitchen sink
Choose a granite composite sink if you want style and durability together. But it will cost you more than the other options, Yet, you’ll never find scratches on your sink.
Cast Iron kitchen sink
This is the least expensive option for you. It comes in multiple colors and offers you a durable sink that can be cleaned easily.
Best Options for Number of Basins
While looking for best kitchen sink ideas it is also important to look into number of basins for your sink according to your requirements.
- Single basin sinks offer you a wide washing area, and you can clean big pots easily.
- Double basin sinks are good if you want to handle separate tasks with comfort.
- Triple basin sinks are the bigger options, and if you have a large kitchen with extra space, you can install them.
Best Options for Drain Placement
- You can choose off-center, centered, and rear drains for your sink according to your convenience and plumbing flexibility.
- An off-center drain offers you extra space under your countertop.
- A centered drain will help you drain the water quickly.
- The rear drain will provide you with more room under your sink to place other things.
Your Best Options in Faucet Holes
- You can choose up to four faucet holes in your kitchen sink.
- Choose a single faucet hole if you want a streamlined flow of water.
- The hole sink faucet allows you to install cold and hot water outlets.
- A three-hole sink faucet helps you do more chores simultaneously.
- The four-hole sink faucet allows you to plug in more washing accessories at the same time.
Now, you have the best kitchen sink ideas at your disposal. First, consider your requirements in the kitchen. Second, imagine the design that you like the most. Third, take measurements where you think necessary. Next, choose your sink type and material. You’ll have a modern kitchen that’ll serve you for years to come without producing problems.
Read more: Are Workstation Sinks Worth It?